Updated: Jan 6, 2021
A lot of our soon- to- be- brides ask us whether it is essential to have an engagement photo-shoot before the wedding. With all the wedding planning in motion, which we know how overwhelming it can be, couples tend to overlook the importance of having their engagement photos taken by their wedding photographer. Are you wondering if it is worth it, too?
1. You’ll get to know your photographer One of the major reasons why taking engagement photos is totally worth it, is because you will get to meet your wedding photographer and build a trustworthy rapport with them. On the wedding day, your photographer will be with you for so many hours, so having someone you feel comfortable around is a huge advantage. They’ll take note of how you interact with each other and your individual personalities. These details will help them capture moments on the wedding day that are unique to just the two of you.
2. Practice makes perfect A lot of couples get anxious in front of a camera and start wondering if their photos will turn out bad or if it is it going to take long. Well, having a professional engagement session before the wedding gives a taste of what to expect on the big day and will help you feel more relaxed on the day. You will have the chance to know more on what style the photographer, also get more comfortable with the idea of having someone taking pictures of you all the time and focus on just the two of you. Your photographer will give you tips on posing and what makes it look more natural to the person, understand your good sides and help you feel at ease while taking pictures of you.
3. Creating collateral to use pre-wedding You will have professional photographs of you that can be incorporated into anything wedding related. From your wedding website, to your save the date or even your wedding guest book or even make a beautiful slide show at the wedding ceremony which lots of clients love to do. You can give your parents or grandparents a few copies which they will absolutely love and even have some portraits to hang at your home. Whatever you decide to use them for, the possibilities are endless!
4. You will see finished professional photographs of yourself before the wedding It is very hard for couples to imagine how their own wedding pictures will look like no matter how many galleries and portfolios of their photographer they have gone through. Having your finished professional photos is perhaps the most important reason why you should have your engagement photos taken by your wedding photographer. It will give you the opportunity to see what is to be expected for your wedding day and understand how your wedding photos will actually look like and what style of editing your photographer does.
5. As opposed to the often rushed pictures taken during the wedding itself
During the wedding day you don't have much time for pictures some are on a schedule with minimum time with the photographer alone. Engagement Photoshoot usually around 1 hour gives you plenty of time together share some laugh and get some really good images of the two of you enjoying and having a blast. On the wedding day everyone want a picture with you sometimes delays happen to get to the photo locations.
6. The experience,
Having a good experience with your Photographer will go along way by just making you feel comfortable certainly the bride, most photographers are like pep talks give you compliments make you at ease and make you feel that your experience was fully worth it.
On that note i really hope you enjoy this blog and hope by reading this gives you a good idea what to look for when looking for a photographer and how they interact with you on your first chat together.
Check us out @ https://www.shutterspace-studio.com/
Feel free to message and ask us about any information you are looking for here at Shutterspace studio Client/customer service is our priority.
Have a good day!!